Thursday, April 16, 2009

SENIOR 2009: my niece, Brooke (sneak peak)

THIS IS MY BEAUTIFUL NEICE, BROOKE.
My mom's first granddaughter (2nd grandchild), my first neice, born 17 months after my first child...Brooke Ashley.
I will never forget the day she was born. I was there in the hallway guessing how much she would weigh with some of her mommy's other friends and some family. I don't think any of us were even close. Her mommy had gained less than 20 pounds. Throughout the entire pregnancy, she was very sick. Well somehow God provided enough nutrition for the beautiful girl to grow and develop into an eight pound and fifteen ounce newborn. Yes, 8 lbs and 15 oz was Brooke's birth weight. What a beautiful young lady she has grown into! I couldn't resist posting this sneak peak of my beautiful niece, Brooke.
As many of you may know, I am in the process of phasing out doing senior portraits. I think babies are just my forte' and that as a senior I prefer a simple classic style. I just don't think I am "rad" enough! Yes, my 16 year-old daugher laughed when I used the word "rad" too. But maybe you know what I mean...it just seems today's seniors (teens) are much more trendy than and I am or even really desire to be. Classic baby portraits will never go out of style...though I hope to continue to bring cute/new ideas to that spectrum too...it is just so much fun to do so.
I photographed three seniors this year and I did them all in one day. The same day that I am still suffering from some kind up pulled muscle...might add extremelly painful pull! In spite of my pain, I think I pulled of some pretty nice images. I hope enjoy a new image to view since my last few posts have not included any images.
~~jami~~

No comments: