Saturday, April 25, 2009

SISTERS: Senior Portraits...Paige & Rachel

THIS IS PAIGE AND RACHEL. Due to illness that Paige went through when she was a freshman, she didn't graduate with her class last year...instead she graduates this year...one year later, but with her best bud, her sister, Rachel. I loved the way these two really were each other very best friends. It was my priviledge as a photographer to share this special morning with them. So how could I not photograph their senior portrait when Paige asked me to a few months ago. I photographed their sister in the Spring of 2004. It was just a few month prior digital for me so I don't have the images on my hard drive...actually it was during my transition days. I had digital files, but their wer from film. Now if any photographers are reading this, it was during my "Pro Shots" from Kodak days. They don't event offer Pro Shots any more. I continued to use Pro Shots for a little while as began to photograph 100% digital. Man, time have changed significantly in this industry the last 5 years. WoW!
I think this was my very favorite image of the two girls!

It was really bright in this location, but after someone's suggestion I thought we would try it anyway. I think it worked for this pose.

This one is brighter than the next one photographed in the same location. A little fill ligth is used in this one versus all natural in the next. I liked both even though they very different because of the lighting method.

Pretty still...but softer lighting.


Laying on the porch...

again...

I finished one sister's images last night including images to blog with, but I still haven't finished the other one. I was so hoping to have them done before the weekend. I have a lot that I need to do today...first I need to finish laundry and soem general housework. Brittany and Natalie (my daughter-in-law and granddaughter) are bringing Cari (my daughter) back from L.SU. today. Cari is their for the State Literary Rally. Natalie is going to stay with us and her other grandmother who lives in the area for the next two weeks while her parents prepare for and take finals at LSU. [Which is one reason why I was so wanting to finish before today...but I am almost done!] Today is Cari's prom. So when she gets back to town we'll have a very busy afternoon with hair and make-up. Then I will be following their bus to take photographs of Cari and her friends...though I am a little disappointed that I won't be seeing most of her friends because she is going with her boyfriends class/group (a grade above her). Though I am so looking forward to seeing these photographs and sharing them here. She got her braces of yesterday. OH MY! What a gorgeous new smile she has! It has always been great (in my opinion), but now it is awesome! We have an awesome orthodonitist too!

I will try to post prom images soon, the rest of these two sisters (individually), more of Brooke's ( my neice) and I have photographed an outdoor baby session with his older brother that is almost ready. I have several orders that have come in since early this month that I hope to get to also very early next. Many of them I have not even looked at very well because early this month I was dealing with my mom and her knee replacement surgery, then the next week was spring break...had this senior session and my neice's senior portraits too...all at the same time that I was extreme pain with a pulled muscle in my lower back! Then last week just when I was getting over the back pain and trying to start playing catch up I have had several bad headaches. I am beginning to think that I am suffering from some kind of migranes on top of my chronic sinus problems. Geehs!
So if you are one of my praying friends/readers/clients, please pray that I can recover and stay feeling better. And while you at it...just pray about me and my business in general. I have been going through something that I don't even know how to explain and definitely don't know what to do...I sort of feel like I am at crossroads, but yet I don't even know what at either direction of the roads. Sounds confusing...se what I mean about my difficulty in explaining this.
Thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoy these images of Paige and Rachel.
~~jami~~



2 comments:

Cristi said...

Ooooh those are sooooo good! I know their mom will be super excited! Great job!

Baylee's Mommy said...

These are GREAT!