Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A LITTLE PART OF ME, A LITTLE PART OF HIM AND OH SO MUCH OF HEAVEN

A LITTLE PART OF ME,
A LITTLE PART OF HIM AND
OH SO MUCH OF HEAVEN...
That's how this storyboard read.
This was a Storyboard was designed with the Alyssa's mommy. She wanted something a little different than my usual square collages and 10 x 20 storyboards and this is what we came up with. The side images are 8x10 and the middle one is 10x10. I received an interesting call today from one the customer reps from my professional photography lab in Dallas. She asked my permission to display this collage in their lobby. I have never been to their lobby, but they have a walk-up counter for professional photographers in the area who prefer to pick up rather than have their packages mailed to them...which is what I would do if I lived their too, uh? Of course, I was flattered and said yes. I get permission from my clients when I photograph them to use their images for advertising and promotion of my business and it extends to something like this as well. I asked if she could take a snapshot of it when she displays it. I wished I had kept a scrapbook of these like this over the years. I think it is neat and I think Alyssa's mommy will too.
If you are having a difficult time seeing the actual images used in the storyboard, the next three images are the same. This is actually the image on the right.

This is the middle image used, the 10x 10 image.

This is the left image. This was one of the sessions that I did late last fall. I recently got the order which is why the lab is just now asking about using the this storyboard. I am looking forward to seeing it. It is 30x20 storyboard larger than I normally do for things like this. Bigger is not always better, but I think in this case it will and often it really does the images justice.

This was actually one of my favorite sessions at the time. The poses and relationships captured in these images are just what I want to capture from a newborn portrait session. I loved so many of them as you can see from these images that I narrowed it down to post.

SMALL ENOUGH FOR A HAT BOX... EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT
CHERUB OR ANGEL WHICHEVER YOU WANT HER TO BE...
TINY BALLERINA
ANOTHER STORYBOARD THAT I OFFERED TO THE CLIENT...

The quote used on this one is the definition of love. [LOVE] deep affection, to adore completely, state of pure bliss. (Great description of Love, uh? And the way we feel about our newborn baby.)

The next three images are those that I love to capture in a newborn portrait. This is why I want to photograph them as young as possible before they become aware of their surroundings and before they desire to stretch out and lose that fetal position.

The above image: a sweet family pose

The below image: IN THE HANDS OF LOVE

I love the expression on these parents' faces. You don't even really have to ask for this expression...it is just natural...it's just the look they have when they look at their brand new baby.

TINY FEET


When I designed this with Baby Alyssa's mommy, I had forgot which quote we had discussesd to use...I was thinking she asked me to pick one. So I picked this one and then before I finished the order, I remembered us discussing it in more detail, but I wasn't sure which one it was. So I emailed it to her with this one and I asked her if she liked it like this or did we discuss another quote. I wanted her approval on the quote as well as the font, her name and age as I listed etc. She emailed me reminding me that we had discussed the one I had used in one of her other custom collages that I designed within her preview slideshow. Other than that she loved it. This was the first quote I did: "No one understands how someone so little can change their world, until they hold their baby in their arms." I like both of them and I think both were very appropriate for the images used.
~~jami~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long does it take to get proofs back after the session?

Cristi said...

I love the one with the parents expressions, and the one of the baby in both parents hands. Cant wait till Averys session. My mom will be in town so she is coming too. Maybe you can slip in one shot of the 4 generations! See you then.